About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Monday, July 6, 2009

getting my etsy together


Ever since the Stitches Fair I have been working on and off to get my Etsy online shop up and running. What I really need is someone who has done it to run a workshop for people like me who manage to get the photos the wrong size and shape, and bad quality and spend for ever trying to get through the shipping details without losing the whole thing and having to start all over again, at which stage the lid goes down and stays down until I have summoned the courage to try again, some days later.

In the meantime, I am practising by putting pics here with some of the latest creations, but I am not happy with them. I need some props, so will go and raid Remi's toy box. I will publish more when I have it right, and in the meantime will try not to grind my teeth down too far.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny,

    Here's a free program that may be useful. It can resize images and save at different resolutions. http://www.irfanview.com

    Enjoying the blog.

    John

    ReplyDelete