About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Saturday, August 8, 2009

TDC (The Divine Child)

In response to a comment from Mat that I had not put any photos of Remi on the blog lately, here is one of the latest with his new haircut, which he did himself, well, mostly, with electric clippers. You forget how quickly kids grow and change, and a simple thing like a new haircut can make you look again in wonder. Having been through a series of infections (snot, earaches, coughs and so on) this winter, his first year of kindy, he has reincarnated from a grumpy, unwell state into a completely joyous and delightful little boy. His world is filled with imagination, play, putting on shows, singing, dressups (I made him a bear suit and he has a kangaroo and horse on order )riding his bike or scooter, feeding the chooks and now collecting the egg each day, and generally filling our lives with a great deal of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment