About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

the smell, taste and crunch of dust




As you will have seen on the news, today we experienced nothing less than an apocalyptic vision, as the sky, our house, our eyes, nose and throat filled with dust. I can still smell it tho it is now evening and the sky is starting to clear. Two of these are 2 pics I took from the front door during the storm, and the third I took the next day. No need to tell which is which. Normally you can see buildings of the city very clearly, but today nothing but dust, then nothing. Everything inside is covered with a film of dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment