About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

shifting











Here we are at Manly West, not far from the coast and 30 mins drive (45 in peak hour) from West End. A very different Brisbane. We are staying at Claudia's until we leave to head south at the end of the month. We arrived on Sunday morning having gone to see The Audrey's the night before with Lisa and Simon, Claudia and Sam, and Zoe (my niece) and her boyfriend Gray. It was one of the last shows of the Brisbane Festival, and was a great night in the Speigeltent. (not sure of the spelling)
The weather is beautiful. Hope it warms up in Victoria as we are quite acclimatised to Brisbane warmth now. Looking forward to seeing everyone when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment