About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

critters

I am filling in time until I go to the airport this afternoon and wing my way south for a week or so. Haven't seen Charles since Feb 19, so am really looking forward to getting to Melbourne. We have a frantic social calender for the week, including a night at a lovely place at Apollo Bay, 2 nights at Gillian's and various lunch and dinner dates. As well, the Swanny Cinema is reopening this coming weekend (Easter) and we are working on Saturday night. Then we are driving back to Brisbane with as much as we can pack into our new (2nd hand) car, another Corolla, hatchback this time, to be here on April 10. Our friend Jill, from Vermont, arrives on the 13th, then it is Charles' birthday on the 25th. Lots of fun ahead.
Here are some of the critters I have met up here. Hope you like them.




No comments:

Post a Comment