About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Monday, June 7, 2010

first kindy concert



Remi had a wonderful time a couple of weekends ago, one Sunday morning in a local hall with all the other kindy kids. They sang a variety of songs with Remi and another boy leading the way with their pure joy and great enthusiasm for singing. One song, "I love you" brought a tear to my eye, and lots of memories of Bec and Mat performing their many concerts when they were children.
We are in the process of negotiating the house next door to Bec and Helen, along with Mitchy, Remi's dad. We are all very excited and full of plans, although the house won't be available for about a month or so. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment