About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Monday, December 27, 2010

catch up

This blog wrote in Nov but I accidently put it on my work blog. So here is the first chapter in the saga of the past 2 months.



Well it's been a bit of a bumpy ride the last few weeks, with mum ending up in hospital up here with what the medicos say was a small heart attack, but the tests continue. It all came as a bit of a shock, becuase we were under the illusion that our mother never got sick. The last time she was in hospital was to have my brother 51 years ago! The good thing is that she has her house in Melbourne on the market and has bought a truly beautiful litle cottage in Brunswick Heads. We are all very relieved that she will be near us. Simon is just around the corner, Deb up the roasd and we are 1 1/2 hours away.
We are heading down to Vic for a wedding and will be staying with mum to help her sort and pack - well, we'll be doing it under her direction, and I have no idea how long we'll be there. Just depends on how quickly the house sells.
Bec and Helen have just returned from 10 days in Malaysia which they began with 2 days at a cooking school, the highlight of their trip! Mitch took a week off work and moved in next door, and we did the backup and relief time. It all worked very smoothly, especially as Charles and Sam were working under his house, which provided hours of entertainment for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment