About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

bits and bobs




The weather still can't make up its mind what season it is, or else I am confusing southern seasons with those of Brisbane. Bill and Judy were here for 3 days last week and it stayed comparatively cool - only reaching 28 during the day. Yesterday it was 35 in our kitchen and we are back top a sheet on the bed and fans on all night.
Some of the city cats are back in action so we were able to do a river trip, which enabled Bill to practice being a pirate. According to Remi he had to look fierce.

The cooler spell let Charles have a good go on the garden - he's put up my Anne Durkin sculpture which I have since planted around with indigenous grasses, and has the vegie garden back in order, with everything growing as fast as ever. Beans up in a few days still has us amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment