About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

stitches and craft show brisbane


today my daughter and i went to the stitches and craft show. the incubator section was by far the best area in the entire show. ink and spindle who make beautiful hand printed fabrics were there. check out their website inkandspindle . i am going to go home and continue my current projects. i am making childrens name flags each letter has its own design and you can make up individual names.the other thing i have been working on are hand knitted dolls and animals, no two are the same. i will let you know where you can buy my designs soon.

1 comment:

  1. yeah i thought the incubator section was the best too. good to see original designs. can't wait to see some photos

    ReplyDelete