About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Thursday, January 13, 2011

cleanup starts














I think these photos speak for themselves. The organisatgion is amazing. Places to pick up rubber gloves and cleaning equipment, people leaving tools out for others to use, registration stations for volunteers, while everwhere within cooee of the river is covered in thick, sticky, foul mud. We have loaned out our gumboots and are doing child minding. everyone is doing something to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment