About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

charles' birthday


Another Anzac Day, another birthday which we celebrated in our usual way - Cup of tea in bed; cooked breakfast; presents; coffee; reading the weekend paper; lunch with good wine. The menu this year?
Lamb tagine with fennel and artichokes, baked eggplant and capsi with pinenuts; a lovely Bec salad, and a choice of rice or couscous. All followed by a flourless chocolate, apple and cranberry cake.
It was a long, lazy meal in the warmth of a perfect day.









No comments:

Post a Comment