About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Sunday, May 31, 2009

noo noo's friends


Noo Noo is a toy of Remi's who sleeps in his bed each night. These are some of his friends that I make. They are made from 4 and 5 ply pure wool with no bits that can be chewed off and swallowed. My idea was to make toys that can be held easily and feel soft for little hands of babies and children. No two toys are the same and they vary in size from 12 to 30 cm. This doll on the right is 27cm tall and wears a skirt embroidered with french knots. These others are just some of Noo Noo's many friends that I knit. Watch this blog for details on an Etsy site I am working on where you will be bale to see details of all these critters and more.
















I also make alphabet flags which can be strung together to form a child's name. These are all my own designs, and each letter stands for an attribute of the child depicted, such as c is for cuddly. These are the perfect gift for a new baby, or a child who is starting to recognise their name. Lovely in a window, doorway or on a wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment