About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Saturday, May 16, 2009

visitors from tas

Our 'old' friends, John & Caroline, have been here for 4 days on their way to Europe for their last fling holiday. Have drunk too much wine & eaten too much food, but done lots of walking with them. Great to catch up and share lots of laughs and memories. It's wonderful when friends of 40 years have followed a similar path and ended up with a familiar ethic. These are the people we traversed the world with in '71, and we still speak the same language.
Also caught up with Sarah G, her partner& their little boy on their way through to the Solomon's for a diving holiday. It was so lovely to see her, and meet her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment