About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
I came to Brisbane in January 2009 to be near my family. From teaching art to secondary school students I moved in to working with people with special needs, and now am making little friends for children - surprise, surprise! I have always loved creating things with my hands - pictures, clothes, jewellery, gardens, food, and now toys. We have recently sold our house in Victoria so are now seriously relocating = furniture sorting and disposing, deciding what's imperative to bring and what's not, then doing it. You don't need much and it's a relief to simplify, once again. As my mother says, "There aren't any pockets in a shroud." Cheers Penny May 2010

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

the party of the year



This was the place to be last Sunday morning, down by the river with family and friends spanning 4 generations. Remi and his friend, Cisco, got together for their third birthdays, presents, balloons, and best of all, cake. Whilst Bec made Remi a wonderful pear and blueberry cake, Cisco got a huge red and brown chocolate cake - you can see which one Remi has his eyes on - he got both, plus some orange and almond cake his dad, Mitchy, made. Effects of the sugar overload lasted for two days, and saw Remi staying home from kindy. His parents celebrated the end of the party and another year with a resounding cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment